OOP McCall's 3529, DIY

Hi
Today I finished my skirt project with 1 and 1/4 yard of fabric or less.  Quit naturally when I said I would see you at the Hancock sale, I literally meant, "See you there!"  I am too happy with my finds at the sale.

Ok, here's the skinny on the deals that I ran across.  I picked out a few patterns from the new lines and a few of the new ones that came out for the new season.  I was looking through the sales table and found this yummy piece of denim.  From looking at what was on the bolt, I thought there was 2 yds.,but I wasn't going to let that piece of denim get away because it was so haunting my head and the many things I could do with it.  When the assistant got to the denim he told me that there was only 1 yd and maybe 10 inches.  I told him to give it to me because the yard was only $3.00.  Yep, I missed out on some awesome fabric or at least I thought so at the time.

Well, needless to say that when I got home the search began for a pattern that would allow for 1 yard.  Guess what the genius I am did?  I didn't take into account that denim normally comes on a 60" bolt. (Muah, ah, ha,ha, ha) Says me in my evil scientist laugh.  A yard in 60" fabric is like a gold mine.  So here's a look at what my gold mine turned up.



The fit is excellent with this skirt.  I think this was the best $3.00 I have ever spent.  I had been looking for a denim skirt for a while and now I have on that I not only love, but also fits me to a capital T.

The Review
Pattern Description:   Misses pants, skirt (long/short), and shorts

Pattern Sizing:  Size 14-18, I made the 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Completely.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes.

What did you like or dislike about the pattern?  The pattern was straight forward and easy.

Fabric Used:  Stretch denim

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I didn't have to do any alterations and I didn't make any changes to the pattern.

Would you sew it again?  I definitely will.  I need one of these skirts in every color and suede.

Would you recommend it to others?  Yes.

Conclusion: This was an excellent pattern.  I loved the ease that this pattern brought to the sewing table.  I can see why it is called PERFECT FIT.  There was no guess work or fidgeting.  The instruction sheet had Tip guides all along the way to help with getting the perfect fit, which I followed a  couple of times.  I think this pattern could be done by a beginner and nailed all the way by an advanced.  Great pattern!!!

This 1 yard skirt was extra special for me.  Thank you for joining me today and I hope you enjoyed today's post.  Until next time,,,,

Dellia

Comments