DIY, Vintage E.S.P. (Extra Sure Pattern) 5825

Hi
I am so excited about the pattern that I am posting today.  So excited until I can't wait for it to be modeled.  I kind of thought that I would post those pics a little later.

Now, on to this crazy Kool pattern.  I acquired this pattern a while back and I thought it would be nice to share a vintage pattern or at least a remake of a vintage pattern.  Every now and then I will be posting a vintage piece just to show that vintage garments are not just old clothes.  I like to think of some vintage pieces as a connection to my past and things that are and were important at some point in time, to me.

After I had finished my New Look 6224/0910 dress.  I was looking through my pattern stash and ran across a pattern that kind of stood out and said something to me.  I don't know why, but I could see this pattern on either my oldest daughter or my sister.  I knew I wasn't going to make it for me, but I wanted to see it on someone else..LOL. So, this is what I came up with for my baby sister.

I liked the idea of a jumpsuit, but I really didn't want the connection of the pants with the top.  So I just used the top.
The top is a desert sand colored peachskin fabric with a 100% polyester floral animal print, onion skin fabric overlay.


The skirt is a double layered handkerchief style with a rolled hem.  It is made of the same peachskin polyester that the top is lined with.   

This was an interesting project for me.  I almost put a regular gathered skirt on it, but I wanted something with a little more pizazz (like my sister), so I opted to cut the skirt at an angle instead of rectangles.  I hope she likes it because I do and she has very discriminate taste.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time
LOLPOH,
Dellia

Comments