DIY McCall's 6844, It's Getting Cold

Hi

I have been thinking for a while about how cold it is getting outside.  I can not stress how much I do not like cold weather.  If it were left up to me the temperature would be 74 and sunny, 365 days a year.  Since I live in the South it would be easy to see why I like warmer temperatures.  It is almost like my dream all year long, but there are times like today when the wind is blowing and with it is a hint of Jack Frost.  I can almost see him on the horizon just waiting to freeze me up.

When I was a kid, I used to love it when winter came.  I knew Christmas was right around the corner.  I could hardly wait until the Christmas specials so that my brother and I could watch Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer and all the other good cartoons (Charlie Brown was his favorite not mine).  I was foaming at the mouth for my mom's turkey and dressing.  While my mind was filled with wild ideas of the gifts under the tree that Santa had snuck under the tree.  I couldn't hardly wait to open all those pretty presents that were under the tree with my name on them.  My favorite Christmas was the year that I got a Tuesday Taylor doll.  The only thing that lasted on her was my brother's headache.  He ate my piece of Pecan Pie, so I cracked him with my doll.  Needless to say, I never got a replacement doll, but those were good times.  Growing up with my brother was more than interesting.

As the weather starts it's slow decline in degrees, I feel the need to start stacking up on sweaters, coats, and plenty of boots.  Yes, cold weather gives me the chance to do more wishing, a lot of sewing, and very little shopping (not going out in the cold).  Which brings me to McCall's 6844.  This is one of McCall's newest ideas for this season and I fell in love with it about 2 weeks ago.  I like the way it looks in the picture and thought,,,why not make one for myself.



I am pretty happy with my new sweater and it even matches my boots. Thank you for joining me today and I hope you had a nice visit.  Until next time...

LOLPOH,  Dellia

Comments