DIY, McCall's 6842 Flirty Skirt

Hi

I am still trying to get in a couple of projects before I start my formal for this Saturday and I found the perfect combo to do this with.  I am going to be doing this set as 2 different pieces because that is what they are.  I just happened to like them as individual pieces and thought they would mix together nicely.  So, to start off the next set of posts,, is McCall's 6842.
This is one of the new patterns for McCall's 2013 Fall/ Winter collection..  When I first saw this skirt I was in love.  Guess what?  I was right about this one.
This pattern is the greatest pattern for this skirt.  It was quick and easy.  I loved the way it came together and there weren't a lot of pieces to contend with.  If you are the girly type, this pattern is for you.  If you are a newbie,,, this pattern is definitely for you.  The fabric suggestions should not limit your imagination (linen, gaberdine, wool, and tweed)  all of these fabrics are for winter or cooler weather.  I think you could use a sateen, broadcloth, or anything along the lines of cotton for the Spring and Summer.  This is a very universal pattern and I only have rave reviews because I am going to have to do this in denim....Yeah,,, I know, so. kool, but after this coming weekend.  

Well, I am off to try my hand at something new or at least different.  Remember to keep your machine running and sew, sew, sew.  Until next time,,, LOLPOH

Dellia

Comments