New Look 6388 Plaid And Pleats Are Back

Hi
Since I have not been able to use my peddle foot these past couple of weeks, I decided to cheat.  My oldest daughter was going to have a fit for a plaid pleated skirt.  I was surprised when she suggested a kilted looking skirt because she is always so plain and reserved in her black whatever she wears.

The fabric is one of my fabric excursion finds at Hancock Fabrics.  She picked out the fabric and she picked out the pattern.  Here is a look at how she styled her New Look 6388.
My daughter chose a TH black sweater, red knee hi socks with lace and a bow in the back.  She loves her little "Not so Leather" Leather jacket and she is rocking her white eternity scarf.  All she needs now is her book-bag and a bus, but unfortunately for me the bus isn't coming until next year..LOL

Review:
New Look 6388
Misses skirt with variations and lengths
Size 6-16
I didn't do any alterations to the pattern.  I went directly by the pattern details.  Overall this was a good pattern for this skirt.  I made view C in size 10.
I don't think that I will be making this one again unless I am asked, but it was fun and I enjoy it when I can find something that my daughter and I can agree on.  I do recommend this pattern as a staple for the wrap around skirt.

I hope you enjoyed today's post.  Until next time.. Happy sewing and Happy Holidays,  LOLPOH,

Dellia

Comments