I finally finished the Burda Magazine dress and I am pleased with how it turned out. I don't really like the way they have it styled in the book because that is not really how the dress will fit. When I left we were working on the shoulder and applying the band pieces. Here are a few finishing touches photos.
|The shoulders have to be joined with the wrong sides facing. I pressed the seams open and they laid together perfectly.|
|Once you get the bands set, sew very close to the edge (topstitch) to finish the shoulders and the sleeve section.|
|This is what the sleeve and should will look like.|
|This is a fitting on Sarah. I didn't like how short it was coming up on me. Tried to think of a way to make it to where it wasn't so short.|
|Styled the way is was in the article.|
Shoes are from Cicihot.com, jewelry is something from my closet.
I am happy that I went with this pattern. I did have to make a few alterations on the sides of the skirt once I got is put together. The only thing I did was tighten it so that it would fit the way it does in the magazine photos. I used silk fabric and as an after thought I believe this dress would have done more of what I wanted if I had chosen a knit fabric and another color (LOL). However, I still like this one and I can see another one in the future.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, here I am acting up with my camera guy (my son) dancing to Brittney Spears "Give Me More".
|My best Brittney impersonation.|