DIY, Simplicity 1501, Shorts

Hi

Today I am so excited about my recent project.  I made some "shorts".  Simplicity came out with a sleepwear pattern that I thought was too cute to pass up.  I have been hiding it from myself for a while because I loved the look of the shorts and I was fighting snow. .The top didn't really make a statement to me, but the shorts were really talking.

Views C, D, and E are very basic boxer type shorts.  I liked how they were embellished, but the other views were what caught my attention (the tulip look).  My whole objective was to make some regular shorts that I could put my trusty pockets in but, I decided that I needed a universal garment.  I like dual duty clothes and Simplicity 1501 View H definitely fit the bill for me.


For some reason I liked all versions of this short.





After I was finished with my shorts, my daughter decided that she wanted a pair, so I ended up making 2.
The fabric is a cream color with yellow, taupe, and black flowers.  I got this from Joann's Quilter's Cotton collection.  I used my bias seam binder to attach the binding.  If you don't have a binding machine, this would be the next be thing.  Here's a close up of the binding.
Here is my binder.  Upside down picture..(LOL)
The shorts that I made for my daughter are a lighter weight cotton and it has an ombre look of pink and orange.
I tried my short on and they are so comfy.  I know there will be more of these this Summer.  This pattern didn't require a lot of fabric (1/4 yd according to which pair you choose).  It also didn't require a lot of time.  The hardest part of this project was the bias and that was pretty smooth with the binder foot.

Thank you for joining me today and if you ever get in the mood for a quick pair of shorts, try this pattern.  They are just for sleeping.

Lots Of Love
Dellia

Comments