DIY, McCall's 6955

     
Hi

I am so in love with this Shantung fabric I found online at Fabricmart.com.  I fell in love with it the moment that I saw it.  My search for a project to mix it with was looking kind of dim at first but, I found a cool pattern to bring out the colors and works well as a combination.

McCall's 6955 was my pattern of choice.  This pattern is a very basic bodice and 2 options for the back.  My first thoughts were not positive for this pattern but, it was the second choice for the back that got my attention.

The fabric choices are Cotton Blends, Crepes, Chambray, and Shantung.  I wanted to go with a cotton at first but, to me that would have been a common combo and I was looking for something that was a little different.  With the idea of different in mind I switched between a blue crepe and this wild colored paisley shantung.

Here's a look at McCall's 6955.



This pattern was fairly easy.  I really loved the skirt.  Full skirts are my all time favorites and this pattern hit the bill in the skirt department.  Fabric for this pattern would be an easy pick.  Even though the list is a short one, satin, brocade, jacquard, and especially broadcloth would make this dress beautifully.

Beginning sewers don't let the back and shoulders fool you.  This is an opportunity to test your zipper skills and do a little fancy work.  The ideas for this pattern are endless and it would be nice to have an LBD ( Little Black Dress) with this look.


I hope you enjoyed today's post, Until next time.

Lots of Love
Dellia                                                                                                          

Comments