Pattern Review Contest FinallyStarted

Hi

When I last posted, I was kind of in a rush to get started on my contest entries for the 2015 Wardrobe Contest for Sewing Pattern Review.  I wasn't sure that I would be able to make all of my projects in time for entry, but I seem to be coming along just about on schedule.

PR suggests that you make a story board to kind of keep you on track with your ideas.  So, I started trying to put things in order for myself and some where along the line I think I got side tracked with getting my projects done until I ended up with 1 extra piece.  I'm in a slight dilemma because the rules wants----4 tops, 3 pants, and 2 reviewer's choice items.

The idea for my wardrobe came together out of a random question.  I asked myself out loud what would be my theme or what colors would I used and my son blurted out, "Do something Bohemian!"  Needless to say, I wasn't keen on that idea because I wanted something a little more structured with clean lines.  After thinking about it for a few minutes my son went into detail as to why he thought Bohemian was,,, Me.  He told me to look at myself.  So, I did.  Then he proceeded to ask me a series of questions that really made sense.
1- What do you want most from your clothes?
2- What do you want them to say?
3- How will you wear them?
4- Will they be a 1 hit wonder or something that you will want to wear more than once?

Wow, I hadn't thought about that.  Well, no time like the present.  I venture to say that I was well aware that I wanted functionality and long term wear out of whatever it was that I was making.  I began looking through my fabric stash while my son started perusing the patterns.  When we both met at the cutting table I found that we matched fabric and patterns to the 9s.  He reads me like a book.  We look at the patterns and compare them to the fabric, but there was a missing piece.  I felt I needed a piece of fabric that would make my collection cohesive and bring things into focus.  Guess what?  Fabric Mart here I come!

I found this beautiful double border Ikat Challis at Fabric Mart.  It seems that no matter what I'm doing Fabric Mart is my go to store for the strange and unusual fabric.
At the time, I wasn't sure of what to make with it, but it seemed to fit his idea of Bohemian flare.  So, I went with it.  I also got my hands on the most beautiful wool gauze.
This gauze looked so good on their page and I had passed it over several time before, but this time I wasn't going to leave it behind.  I grabbed my yardage quickly.  Look at those sequins running through it and it's wool.  Love it!!

But continuing my stroll though fabric central (Fabric Mart)  I found a Tootsie Roll orange Twill Challis.
I thought to myself,,, this is a plan coming together!  With all the prom festivities and hurriedness out of the way, I could really do my Spring/ Summer wardrobe freely, but I could also feel the "crunch" of time kicking in.

Here is a shot of my "Story Board".  I made several, but this is the one for the actual pieces that I will be making or have made thus far and will be modeling.


                                   Bohemian Sunset

and here's the extra piece

Ok, That just about does it for this one.  Please join me as I begin posting my Individual items in the next coming days.  I'll be preparing for the final looks.

Thank you for being a part of my stressful push, Until next time..

Lots of Love
Dellia

Comments