A New Work Space In The Making

Hi

Since I last posted, I have been super busy and as promised I am back with a few photos of,,,,,,,,, That's right!!!!,, My new sewing work-space!

We can all attest to not having enough space for our sewing.  I have spent the last 2 years sewing from my kitchen table and floating from room to room.  This was perfect for me when I didn't have a lot of fabric or patterns.  But, everything was always so cluttered and close.  I spent most of my time cleaning in behind myself and felt like a fish in a sardine can.

When an idea surfaced or new pattern would come out I would find myself buying double because I either couldn't find what I wanted to use at the time or I had lost what I needed in the clutter.  I'm hoping that my new space will provide me with ample room.   So, see,,,, I did have a big surprise to share with you.
This is the building being installed ,,,, I was like a kid at Christmas..... Happy, happy, happy!!!
Even though these pictures are a few weeks old, I've have been busy trying to get back on track and I have been itching to post.
There is power to the building now.  That was completed last weekend.  I'm not wasting anytime either.  I've started working in the building before the insulation and drywall can even be installed.  It might be kind of hard for the guys to get me out of there while they work, but we will have to see who will win the battle of the WILLS...lol.
 I'm getting ready for the battle and my first project is Kwik Sew K4045.  My pattern say it is K650.  It doesn't matter which one you may have because they are both the same pattern.
I am making these pants for a special person who just happens to be very tall and kind of on the buff side.  I am not a male sewer.  I thought I might better get that out the way first, since this is my first male garment, but I am going to give it my best shot.  I am using a nice chocolate twill that has a little stretch.

If you would like to see a step by step of these pants, give me a shout and I will do a quick tutorial on them.  I might even start these out with a muslin just to satisfy my own mind.

Until next time,,, Lots of Love, Dellia

Comments