New Look 6843 Birds In Flight Skirt, DIY

Hi

I'm back today with a skirt that has been collecting dust for quite some time.  It was my intention to make a million of these, but there was always something in the way, until now.  I found the perfect piece of fabric to make it and I didn't let this one slip my mind again while I had that perfect fabric.


New Look 6843 has a few skirt options to choose from.  I chose view A to make my skirt.  My fabric was a light broadcloth that I found while out at Walmart.

Here's a look at my skirt.
 The colors in the skirt were so wild and it even had some birds in it, which gave me a lot of color to choose from when pairing it with tops.  I chose an earth toned orange and a pretty brownish sandal to top my look off.




There was no lining added to the skirt.  I turned the hem under about 1/2" and stitched.

The Review

Pattern Description: Misses skirt, A-line or straight

Pattern Sizing: 8-18

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy. Loved it.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  There weren't any complaints.

Fabric Used: Broadcloth

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes. Highly recommend it for beginners.

Conclusion:   I loved this pattern for it's clean lines and simplistic composition.  Everything was straight stitched and even though I used an invisible zipper a regular zipper could be used because of it's easy constructions.  The instructions were very simple and well written.  A beginner could really make a complete skirt wardrobe with this pattern and feel accomplished.  This is a must have pattern for all stages of sewing experience.

That's it for today, but I'll be back again.  Until next time.

Lots Of Love
Dellia

Comments