New Look 6459 Pattern Review

Hello,
Ok, I'm finished with my sundress.  As I predicted, the size was wrong for my body, but all of that was a quick fix.  My problem was that the top was a little loose fitting, the straps were off centered, and I don't like it when the darts make my breast for me ( I've got that covered,,,,,LOL) 

So to fix this problem I had my daughter pin the underarm about a half inch on both sides, before closing the lining.  After I tighten the side seams, I was happy to see the top fitting and feeling better.  I also didn't like the strap placement.  I said in my earlier post that I didn't like to wear spaghetti straps so I cut wider straps in 4 equal parts to make them tie at the shoulder.  I used the bias tape to decorate the pockets and hem the dress.   Which gives the dress a total different look and feel from the pattern.  I did have a thought to put lace somewhere, but I changed my mind after I started construction.









I didn't use the darts, but made a fold instead.  This still gives me the needed dart affect and room without the pointy look that I was seeing.    


  
Now on to the review
  
Pattern Description:
New Look 6459, Misses dresses
Pattern Sizing:
Size A 8-18
Once you were done sewing it, did it look like the photo on the pattern envelope? 
Sort of yes, I changed the straps and bodice to suit my style, butkept the original pattern length.  
What did you like about the pattern?
Everything, I had been looking for a dress with this style for a minute.  When I came across this one it was something that I knew I would enjoy.  The ease of the pattern itself had a great flow while going through the construction stage, start to finish.
What did you not like about the pattern?
The straps were off and made the bodice fit loose across the top.  Even if I had made it according to the pattern instructions, they would have been off.
Would you recommend or sew it again?
Yes, This was an easy pattern even for zipper shy sewers.  This was a fast project that went well.  I do plan on making a few more.
Conclusion:
I am very pleased with how this dress turned out.  It is a good sewing project for novice sewers as well as advanced seamstresses.  It is a quick and easy wardrobe builder.

I hope you enjoyed my review.  

Dellia

Comments