DIY Simplicity 1625 Review

Hi
Today I was inspired by my little girl to enter the  Sewing Pattern Review contest for children.  Since I was already trying to catch up on their collection of this year's Fall season wardrobe, I decided to enter the contest with this little breezy set I just got "Hot Off the Press".

While I was making the pants, my little princess was so involved until she conversated me and her to death.  She was actually looking forward to trying these on and modeling them for me.  Her excitement came when I finished the little shirt (I love to see her little dancing eyes).  She says that it is cute and I'm happy that I made the shirt out of jersey instead of the recommended fabrics.  For some reason, I just do not think that children's everyday clothing should be made of Charmeuse.  I happened to have had  both pieces of fabric (cotton/ knit) in my stash and thought that the colors matched perfectly.  Here is a look at my little angel and her new set for the coming school year.

This is what her face really looks like with this outfit on.
The Review
Pattern Description:  Girls coordinate pieces

Pattern Sizing:  Size 8- 18.  I made the size 12


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.  For the shirt, I didn't use the instructions at all.  I went with what I saw and my gut feelings and found that I liked how I finished the shirt vs. how the instructions had things laid out.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked the little shirt.  Think it is very cute and dainty for little girls and you can dress it up/ down according to what your vision is for this set.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made  I graded the side seams to a size 16 which gives the blouse a little more flowiness.  Instead of a cotton, linen, or silky type fabric for the blouse, I used a cotton jersey knit, so that she wouldn't have to worry about messing it up while playing.  


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and Yes.  This little set is a must have for any princess's wardrobe.  It's fast and versatile.

 
Conclusion: I loved this pattern.  I already have things ready to go for another one only this one will be pink.  I think that the instructions were spot on and the illustrations were so very clear.  If this was a one day project for me, I know it would be just as simple for others who happen to choose this pattern.  I love It!!!!


Thank you for stopping by to see my littled turquoise princess!!
LOLPOH,,,,Dellia

Comments