DIY, New Look 0916/ 6231 A Jacket for Mom

Hi

Today I am going to share a little something that I made for my mother.  A couple of months ago I made her a jacket McCall's 6844 and she loved it.  I don't think she was too crazy about the color, but it did wear her down.  So, in favor of her request ( she doesn't like jackets with collars), I've made her another jacket to go into her stylish wardrobe.

New Look 0916 was the patter that I chose.  I liked that jacket so much until I decided to try it in plaid
.  Yes, plaid.  I knew there were going to be challenges for the plaid thing, but I thought,,,,"My Mom is so worth it".  The jacket didn't call for a lining, but I had to put a lining in it so that she could wear it with other outfits and feel comfortable with her jacket choice.  I struggled for about a week off and on with this plaid.  Hope you like it because my Mother is a real trooper, she says she loves it,, but I'm going to wait until she wears it before I leap with happiness.

Added a button instead of a hook & eye





 For some reason Sarah and I could not agree to what size she was suppose to be, but I promise the lining is very much on point.  I just didn't adjust Sarah completely to fit this jacket, but when my Mom tried it on during the construction phase, I knew I would have a perfect fit.  Now that I am finished with it I don't know if I want to mail it or just wait until next month to take it to her.  I love to see her smile, so ,,, we'll see.

The Review

Pattern Description:  Misses wardrobe.  Jacket, skirt, and pants.  I made the jacket.
Pattern Sizing:  6-16.  I made size 12.
Did it look like the photo on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes, I think so.
Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, this was pretty easy with the exception of the lining.  
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I added a lining and added about 2" to the back of the peplum.
Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, I think this is a good staple jacket either lined or without lining.  
Conclusion:  I like the look of the jacket.  It is very modern and it adds a little flirt to any outfit that you might just happen to pair it with.  I think this would be a definite for any color.  Without the lining it is also a quick put together project. Luv it.

I hope you enjoyed my post today.  Thank you, Until next time.

Dellia

Comments