New Look 6121, Almost Spring


Hi

Today I changed things up a little with a pattern that I have been dying to put to fabric for a while.  Last year when I got this pattern I thought it was cute and real Summertime wear.  New Look 6121 is a light little dress that has a lot of possibilities.  

Since I have been enjoying the warmer weather and looking forward to Summer fun, I decided to make myself a fun frock to fit the mood.
This is a start to my Spring/ Summer salute..Yaaay for warm weather!!


This is a swatch of the fabric.  I noticed that the sun was washing out the true color but, there are some really cute blue dots in it and deep burgundy stripes.   I don't normally go for fabrics with this type of pattern but, the colors are what made this fabric say something to me.  From the very beginning I thought this pattern would go good with this fabric.




Pattern Description:   New Look by Suede Says Misses pullover dress with length and skirt variations.
Pattern Sizing:  4-16
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes.
Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, very easy.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  The choice of lightweight fabric and there wasn't a need for a zipper.  
Fabric Used:  Polyester.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I had to omit the bust darts because it conflicted with the striping line.  
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, I would like to make this in a cotton fabric.  I recommend this pattern to beginners because of it's ease.  A more veteran sewist might undertake this pattern for a Saturday quick fix.
Conclusion:  This was a quick and easy pattern.  I chose a crazy pattern of fabric, which gave cause for deep thought.  After a few minutes of debate I decided that the darts were not necessary for this style of dress.   So, I cut them out/ off then seamed the sides as normal.  Once I did that, all my lines lined up.  This is a great pattern that can be dressed up with satin or dressed down with cotton.  I think if you can muster up about 2 hours and no "crazy stripes" this pattern would make a nice date night dress or fun in the sun dress.

Thank you for joining me today.  Until next time,,,

Lots Of Love,
Dellia

Comments