Happy New Years In McCall's 7160

Hi There,

It's that special time of year again when everyone is preparing for fun party times and the big new year's party.  I have been busy putting my new workspace together, but I was itching to make something cute for the upcoming holiday festivities.

For the past few months my time has been busy and very limited.  So, with everything else I have going on, I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time sitting at a machine trying to make something complicated or mind blowing.  Since, my MIA days, I've found a lot of interesting patterns that kind of fit the quick and easy bill, but McCall's 7160 was the pattern that I chose to make my life a little easier for my "cuteness" this season.


Here's a look at my Holiday Party Dress.

When I saw this pattern, I really didn't have any festive type fabrics that were in the suggested fabrics list (Jerseys, Cotton Knit, Interlock).  I studied the pattern and imagined the drape of the suggested fabrics, then realized that the dress would be pretty, yet there would be more drape than I wanted.  The line drawing can be misleading if you just go by them (They make you think you will have a full circle skirt with body).  For me, there was too much drape in the skirt.  I set out to find a piece of fabric that would give me the body look that I wanted for this dress.  If you want to know a little more about drape/body take a look at Gertie's New Blog to help explain.
I added 2" to the back to give a longer look to the back.

I think it might be a little bias of me, but I love the structure of the vintage dresses.  They seem to embody the style and shape of just about any woman.  So, I ditched the idea of drape and went for the line drawing look and used a Techno Knit that I had gotten from FabricMart.com.  The choice of fabric I used is out of stock, but something along the lines of this look can be achieved with fabric found here, here, or here

Now I'm ready for my New Year' Eve Party and looking forward to a very productive 2016.  I wish all of you a very Prosperous New Year and blessings beyond measure.  Until next time.....
Lots of Love,
Dellia

Comments