Simplicity 1661 In Purple Peachskin, DIY

Hi

I have been very  busy these last couple of months putting my studio together ad finding all kinds of goodies to into my studio.  I have taken a few minutes to do a little sewing because I can only go so long without actually sewing something.  When I touch fabric and move it to it's designated area, I feel it calling me and I just have to answer.

So, to cure my itch I've made a few items and I wanted to share them with you.

Simplicity 1661 was one that I had on my mind for a while and now that it is on the OOD list I have to share that this is an honest to goodness, all around great blouse to have on hand.

From the time that I first saw this pattern I knew that I had to have at least one version, but unfortunate for me, I didn't get the one that I wanted and yet, I till ended up with a beautiful blouse that is totally HoT!  I was going for view C.  I like the little tie and sleeveless look for this pattern.  Well, my Mommy was helping me put things together and I ended up with something like view E instead of view C.  Even though I didn't get the one that I wanted I believe I still ended up with a really gorgeous blouse.

Here's a look.


I chose a purple peachskin fabric, which worked well for construction and easy for markings.

The back of the top with the almost completed split.
The underside of the sleeve where you join the sleeve to the body of the garment.  I know it doesn't look finished, but it was finished by serging the armhole.
The completed sleeve.

The top when completed and styled.

I chose a light colored denim to pair this blouse with because it brought out the purple so well.  My shoes were very comfortable and topped this outfit off to a tassle and fringe.lol

The Review

Pattern Description: Misses hip-length blouse with neckline pleats, band or tie collar, shirttail hem, and back slit. Sleeveless, flutter or cold-shoulder sleeves. 

Pattern Sizing: 6-24, I used the 16.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.  I found that after I got started with the pattern, I really could just go without it.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I liked the little split in the back.  It was easy to do and made the top look "Cutiful".

Fabric Used: Peachskin

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't do any alterations to this project.  I went strictly by the pattern and everything turned out nice.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes.  I still haven't gotten the one I really wanted so I have to do this one again.  Yes.  I would recommend this pattern.

Conclusion:  My overall view of this pattern is,,,,Awesome quick blouse pattern.  The fabric options are endless and this is a good way to step up your sewing skills if you haven't already tackled soft fabrics with pleats.  Even though I made view E, any of these tops would be a great piece to add to your wardrobe.  Just think about the type of fabric you choose as to how you really want your blouse to look.  This is one that is not going to hide in the closet for very long.  I love the feel of this fabric and the roominess of the blouse.  Great pattern!!!

If you don't already have this pattern, I think it is worth an Etsy peruse.  Find it, make it, and enjoy.

That's all I have for today, but I look forward to our time together.  Until next time,


Lots Of Love,
Dellia

Comments