Blue Simplicity 8094 DIY Review

Hi

I'm back today with my 4th of July outfit.  I found the cutest pairing with Simplicity 8094.  I was looking for something light and breezy, but I didn't want shorts or a dress.  I've had this pattern for a minute, but couldn't find the time to put it to fabric.





The traditional colors for the 4th are Red, White, and Blue.  I know you might think that I've missed my mark without red. but trust me, I've got my red somewhere...lol.  And I don't normally show my patriotic colors so vividly.  I actually think blue jeans are so appropriate with a tank top, but this year I'm going for the adult look on the 4th.







I had recently gotten some fabric in from Fabric Mart and I had a nice piece of ITY with blue and white stripes in that shipment.  My first initial thought was a dress, but when I looked at this pattern my mind quickly rearranged things to fit a pair of exquisite leggings into my closet.  I don't know which one I like more, the top or the pants.

Here we go.


 The Review

Pattern Description:   Misses’ knit tunic with length variations, with or without slits and pockets. Pattern also includes shorts and legging

Pattern Sizing:  12-20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes

Fabric Used:  ITY Jersey

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I lengthened the back of View F and shaped it to give a shirt tail effect.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, Yes

Conclusion:  I loved this pattern.  It was an easy fix and the leggings were totally awesome.  I don't normally feel so strongly about leggings because I have tried other patterns before and they always seem to lack something ( either too baggy, waistline too high, legs too long ), but these leggings were a perfect fit for me.  There weren't any alterations needed for these.  I liked the long look of view C, but felt that I wouldn't wear that view as much as a shorter version, so I altered the back of view F at the back bottom because I didn't want the squared off back.  I think it was a good choice for me and it made my top very flowy.
 The instructions were very easy to read and understand. I would recommend it to all who love an easy challenge.

I hope everyone has a beautiful and safe 4th of July.  Have fun and until next time...

Lot Of Love
Dellia 

Comments