New Look 6449 In Navy

Hi

I've been thinking about the color Navy Blue lately and I really wanted to get something patriotic going for this past 4th of July.  Needless to say,,,,That wasn't happening.

To make a some what out of sort situation turn around... I decided that navy blue is a good color regardless to when you wear it and since the 4th was already gone, I've got to have something in blue.

To get over my "Blues", I went with New Look 6449.
I liked the knit dress and thought that the shirt dress would be great for covering as a jacket as well as a stand alone dress when needed.  I don't know what made me think that stripes would be "Kool" for me to wear, but I went all in with that striped knit dress.

Here's a look.


I think I was pleased with the whole ensemble once I put the shirt dress on.

Now the shirt dress alone.


The Review

Pattern Description: Misses shirt dress and knit dress. Shirt dress has collar and pocket options.  Knit tee shirt dress with sleeve options with/ without pockets.

Pattern Sizing: 8-20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes,  The knit dress was exceptionally easy.  The shirt dress would need a little more work.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  The ease of this pattern makes it a great starter pattern and wardrobe builder.

Fabric Used:  Knit dress- Cotton Jersey,  Shirt dress- Cotton Blend.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I really didn't make any alterations, but I added belt loops to the sides.  I would think this pattern is very true to size.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, and Yes.

Conclusion:  This was an excellent pattern.  I enjoyed the knit dress for its simplicity.  I could sit down and make a million of these.  This was one of those 1 hr from start to finish projects and I would love to have one in every color of the rainbow.

The shirt dress was a little more time consuming.

In the end the time taken to make it as a set was very worth it.  I actually made the belt loops for the dress because the pattern didn't include any and I wanted something to hold the belt with regardless to what type of belt I used.

The instructions and illustrations were great.  I absolutely love New Look patterns.  They make wardrobe building easy.

I hope you enjoyed today's post.  That's all for now and until next time,,,,,

Lots Of Love
Dellia

Comments