Surprised By Roses And New Look 6447

Hi

My project today is called a surprise because the fabric for today's project was a dream come true.   It came as a total surprise in one of FabricMart's 10 yd bundle.  I felt like the fabric queen when I made both the 10 yds free and the free shipping.  I said to myself at the time, " Yaasssss!!!  I score a free 10 yds and shipping."  Once my order arrived, I went through everything and I was so pleased with all my fabrics until I got to this one.  I can't tell you what my first thoughts were, but let's let me try.

I opened the box and this fabric was on top.  I fell in ultimate love!  I held this piece of fabric close to me and just squeezed it so tight and screamed, "Wow, It's so beautiful!"  Very slowly I began to unfold the fabric and my already wide eyes got even wider.  I completely unfolded the fabric and the big stank face came over me.  The fabric that I had wanted was a big mystery to me because I could clearly see that it had 2 different styles.  One side of the fabric had the flowers going one way all the way down and the other side had something that looked like panels.  My main thought after that was,,,,"OOOOOooh, What's going on with this?"
This is a picture of what the fabric looked like before I started only it's a different color.
Needless to say, I put that fabric to the side and kept it moving because my mind was not ready for all the mix up going on with that fabric at that time.  I've planned and completed a couple of projects since I first got this fabric and even though I put it away, it was always on my mind.  It was like a reoccurring nightmare happening every time I began a new project.

But guess what?!?  I recently had an epiphany that led me to New Look 6447.  I don't know why this pattern seemed to fit this fabric, but to me, it worked.

Here is a look at what became of my free bundle Jacquard.






The Review

Pattern Description:  Misses dress with slim or full skirt.  Varying skirt lengths with shaped waistband,  Back V and zipper.

Pattern Sizing:  8-20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I loved this pattern.  I liked the waistband.  It makes me look like I have a shape,,, even though I don't.

Fabric Used:  Jacquard.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I didn't make any alterations to this pattern.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, Yes.

Conclusion:  I have to say this was a really good pattern.  When I first saw this pattern it seemed to be a repeat pattern, but I gave it a shot and found that it was easy to put together.  I love the V in the back.  It gave a little sexy to the dress.  I actually wanted the full skirt, but I really didn't have a lot of fabric to work with.  I had to try and fit my panels and pattern to what was available.  I am very pleased with how it all worked out.  If you use a solid color or a simple pattern, this dress will work well.  It is a good quick sew for any occasion.

Well, I'm off to find the next task.  Thank you for joining me today.  As always, I enjoy our time together and I look forward to our next adventure.  Until next time.

Lots of Love
Dellia

Comments